Workshop for Radionuclide Laboratories
Vienna International Centre, Vienna, Austria
3-6 April 2023
The working language will be English
The primary objectives for the workshop are to:
- Discuss and address developments and issues pertaining to laboratory operations;
- Review and plan Proficiency Test Exercises (PTEs) for particulate (P) and noble gas (NG) samples;
- Discuss certification and surveillance assessments;
- Share operational experiences and lessons learned towards quality improvement;
- Discuss advances in gamma spectrometry and noble gas measurements.
These courses shall cover the following topics:
- Laboratory Operations
- Proficiency Test Exercises
- Laboratory Techniques and Developments
- Surveillance Assessment and Certification Issues
- Noble Gas Measurements
- Advances in Commercial Products Related to CTBTO Verification Needs
Applications for participation are accepted from:
- Staff of the IMS radionuclide laboratories and non-IMS noble gas capable laboratories.
- Representatives of venders having direct relationship with the IMS laboratory activities.
Participants are expected to submit an abstract for an oral presentation on the topics of the workshop, as there will be no poster sessions.
Application deadline: 15 January 2023
Applicants are invited to submit their registration and abstract information through the CTBTO registration platform at ctnw.ctbto.org, prior to the 15 January 2023 deadline.
State Signatories wishing to nominate experts are requested to inform the Provisional Technical Secretariat (see Point of Contact) through their respective Permanent Mission by the deadline.
Submitted applications will be reviewed and subsequently the successful applicants will be notified.
Applicable to PTS-funded participants only
In accordance with the Staff regulations and rules and Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide the following:
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and forward the flight ticket to the participants for the most direct and economic route;
- Funded participants are not allowed to purchase their own tickets unless, under exceptional circumstances, when authorized to do so and only if this proves to be the most cost efficient for the PTS;
- The PTS will book a hotel and cover the costs of accommodation;
- Upon arrival a Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) sufficient to cover the related expenses during the workshop; and
- Health insurance for the duration of the workshop.
Requirement: Scanned passport copies.
PowerPoint presentations should not exceed 20 minutes, including time for discussions and questions.
Participants should apply for visas, if needed, at the corresponding consular office upon receipt of an acceptance Note Verbale from the Secretariat, in order to ensure timely processing.
It is strongly recommended that prior to departure all participants should acquire health and accident insurance for the duration of the workshop. All PTS-funded participants shall be covered under the Global Medical Insurance scheme under third party liability insurance.
Point of Contact
International Data Centre Division
CTBTO Preparatory Commission
P.O. Box 1200, A-1400